Kathleen Harnish McKune, MBA
CEO and Co-founder of TeamTech, Kathleen’s professional passion is to help organizations move their people and ideas into action. An expert facilitator, she has been helping groups big and small identify and reach their goals for 29 years. She does this by applying TeamTech’s proven methods to fit their needs, goals, and culture. In the process, they “get unstuck” from unproductive practices and begin to operate more effectively and efficiently. Kathleen is especially well known in the Kansas City community as an organizational coach and strategic facilitator who is “not like a consultant” but a partner who stays with the project until the outcomes are reached.
In the early 1990s, Kathleen interned with Dr. W. Edwards Deming, widely acknowledged as the architect of the quality management movement. To this day, she follows Dr. Deming’s core philosophy that the way organizations become high performing is through their people. At the core of TeamTech’s work is a fundamental belief that people want to lead – and can lead – if they’re empowered and prepared to do so. Her particular expertise is helping organizations leverage diverse opinions to move forward. Instead of seeing divisions among people, Kathleen sees opportunities to connect, align and leverage efforts – and emerge even stronger. Facilitating strategic plans that move into action is another area of expertise.
Among her accomplishments:
- Co-created and facilitated The Kansas Collaborative, whose Pharmaceutical Collaborative project won the Council of State Government’s Innovation Award and saved over $7 million annually for state and local governments.
- Facilitated former Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius’ BEST (Budget Efficiency Savings Teams) efforts to reap nearly $1 billion in savings for the state.
- Recently facilitated the Johnson County, Kansas, (JoCo) Juvenile Cross-System Collaboration, which brought together over 100 people and 50 organizations to work toward the common aim of helping systems adopt prevention strategies.
- Facilitated the JoCo Corrections ARC 2020 Initiative, which brought together corrections, law enforcement, the District Attorney’s office, public defender’s office, Sheriff’s Office, jail personnel, and non-profit partner organizations to create a re-entry program for the inmate population that reduces recidivism by addressing root causes for incarceration.
- Currently facilitating the strategic and action planning for the Kansas Department of Corrections and the Kansas Department for Children and Families. Both plans are moving into action through Strategic Implementation Teams (SITs), which include front-line through top leadership representation.
Kathleen coauthored the 1993 top-selling video, Implementing Total Quality Management, which was produced and marketed by CareerTrack®. She is coauthor of several publications: the 2003 book, The Facilitative Way: Leadership That Makes the Difference; the 2006 booklet, Making Dollars & Sense: The Kansas Collaborative; and the 2019 book Remarkably Resilient: Community Matters. Most recently, Kathleen rewrote TeamTech’s Everyone A Leader®: Lead Where You Are curriculum – teaching facilitative leadership skills to leaders at all levels of organizations.
Contact Kathleen at email@example.com or 913-706-8797.